Thursday, June 15, 2017

3 new jumpers for Eva - Ottobre 3/2015 #14

The refashioned shirt to toddler jumper was more successfully that I first expected. We really loved wearing it and it made Eva look neat and well put together. So I decided to do another one this time using one of my good thin soft polka dots denim. It was an excellent pick. The fabric looks great and it is so nice to wear. On top of everything it sewed up great as well.
    This time I kept the scooped neck. It is just to cute to eliminate and drafted another collar for this neck line. Used white heart shaped snaps for the closing and strings with a snap to prevent the shoulders drift.
    I also added a bit more room for the legs and used white top stitching for hems, pockets and inner leg seam.
   For the final touch I added a left over lace band to create a front central band.
   I am so happy i started this. It took me a few days to finish since I worked slowly on the details but it was all worth it. She could not be more adorable wearing it.
And since I loved this version so much I could not stop here. I did 2 more this time in a real rush. The next one is in a rayon fabric I really loved the feel of wearing it. It was one of the most comfortable top to wear and I was happy to use the left over piece for Eva. She will surely feel good in it this summer.
    Because of the busy fabric I skipped the collar but used the scooped neck and strings. I double the front and back piece and used yellow snaps for closing the back. I tried to center the print a bit and mach the center front row for top and pants.
 
The last one I did again in jersey using the stretch of the fabric to dress and went back to the original design and skipped the back closing.

4 comments: